- Monday: 2:20 PM – 3 PM After School Jazz Ensemble * See Below
- Tuesday: 4 PM – 8 PM Varsity Winterguard
- Wednesday: 1:30 PM – 2:00 PM Wind Symphony CLARINET Sectional
- Thursday: 2:20 PM – 3 PM After School Jazz Ensemble * See Below
- Thursday: 4 PM – 8 PM Varsity Winterguard
- Friday: NO SCHOOL – SPRING BREAK BEGINS!
- Saturday: Winterguard Championships
- Band Room Cleaning Days: Schedule posted this week. Will occur during Spring Break.
- Carpet Cleaning
- Complete Locker Cleaning/Restaging
- Uniform Room Cleaning
- Music Library Organization
- And more!
- State S&E MPA @ Teneroc High School, Tuesday, March 31st – See below for performance times.
- State Concert MPA Field Trip – See below for invitation criteria (Concert & Symphonic Bands)
- 3rd 9-Weeks Grade Submission
Congratulations to both our JV and Varsity Winterguards on their final Circuit Performance of the season held at East River HS! Results will be posted soon!
State S&E Performance Schedule
We will not be able to depart AHS until 9:30 AM due to OCPS Bus transportation guidelines. All performance times prior to Glitzville will work in their performances upon our arrival at Tenoroc High School. Our later performances will make every attempt to go in early so we can potentially depart THS early to return home.
- Just Two 9:12 AM
- Trombone Quartet 9:48 AM
- Brannen Talley 10:48 AM
- Jazz Combo 10:48 AM
- Glitzville 11:12 AM
- Doomsday Machine 11:48 AM
- Marcos Gonzalez 3:48 PM
- Justin Talley 4:00 PM
- Sax Quartet 4:24 PM
- Amber Reda 5:00 PM
- Dazhir Walker Piano Solo 5:36 PM
- India Grant 6:48 PM
3rd 9-Weeks Grades
Grades should be updated on Monday afternoon for the 9 weeks. If you are missing something, and are eligible for make up, please take care of this before Thursday afternoon. See Mr. L if you have any questions.
After-School Jazz Ensemble Update
All members who have taken part in our After-School ensemble will receive the attached document on Monday in their concert ensemble class. Please take a moment to review and understand the importance of attendance at scheduled rehearsals as we prepare for four upcoming performances. Those who are consistent in their attendance will be eligible to perform for the remainder of the Spring 2015 semester. Since its inception, the After-School Jazz Ensemble has been a great addition to the AHS Band program and it is our desire to ensure it continues this positive direction.
Click HERE for the information sheet.
Thank you to all who helped at both our Apopka Fair Parking and OrlandoFest events. Special thanks to Mr. Bill Spiegel for reaching out and connecting our program with the parking opportunity. Congrats to each participant on a job well done! Accounts will be updated soon when the donation checks are received.
State Concert MPA @ Daytona News-Journal Center
Members of the Concert Band & Symphonic Band are invited to attend this event with us on Wednesday, April 22nd. However, there is a caveat! Members will receive their invite in three weeks if they have ONE (1) or less absence, OR TWO (2) or less tardies to class. Tardies are defined as not being seated, ready to perform with all gear when the countdown clock reached 0:00. (3 minutes after tardy bell.) Students should physically be in the room before the actual tardy bell rings.
Our Wind Symphony will perform on the afternoon of the 22nd and we would love to have each of our winds and percussion performers in attendance with us to learn and grow from the process. There will be many fine ensembles in attendance and performing at this event for us to hear and enjoy.
Summer/Fall 2015 BLUE DARTER MARCHING BAND UPDATE!
Coming soon…… SUMMER/FALL DATES TO BOOKMARK! Check back during Spring Break! Can you believe it? It is back before you know it! GET READY!