This Week: It’s SPIRIT WEEK!
- Monday: 8 AM – 4 PM Band Camp
- Tuesday: 8 AM – 4 PM Band Camp
- Wednesday: 8 AM – 4 PM Band Camp
- Thursday: 8 AM – 4 PM Band Camp
- 8 AM – 12 PM (Half Day Rehearsal + Lunch)
- 6 PM Parent Preview Performance
- 5:15 PM Call Time for Band
Week 2 Camp Goals
- Finish Pre-Game (w/ Music & adding cheerleaders)
- Learn Mvt. 1 Drill (playing & marching)
- Adding Mark Time to all music rehearsals
- Adding in horn visuals for Mvt. 1 (and clarifying normal horns up/down)
- Solidifying Stands pack for first month of season
- Sight Reading new stands tunes to be worked on for later in season
- Begin digital transition & understanding of new policies for band
- Set up COURTYARD WARM UP experience
- March to stadium & practice sitting in stands
Spirit Week Themes
- “MEME MONDAY” – Come dressed as your favorite Meme!
- “TRANSFORMATION TUESDAY” – Tranform into your favorite object or person!
- “GENDER BENDER WEDNESDAY”
- “CONSPIRACY THEORY THURSDAY” – Dress as or to represent a conspiracy theory!
- “BLUE AND WHITE FRIDAY” – Wear BLUE & White!
- Three winners will be selected EACH MORNING at Morning Meeting!
- The top winner will get to decorate the Spirit Stick with that day’s theme!
Week 1 Wrap Up
It was a great first week for the Blue Darter Marching Band! We met our goals! This past week has given us the opportunity to witness great kids doing great things. Our rookie members have come in and started off the right way with digging in to our plan and connecting within the program. Our veteran members are being great role models and examples to lead the way. Our student leadership is going above and beyond is many ways to ensure the success of our program. The staff is very proud of our members and the accomplishments we made during week 1…. Now…. Time to finish it up!
Administrative Wrap Up
We do have several members that need to complete their membership paperwork. Please check the board this week to ensure your name is not on the list. If you see it there, please bring in whatever is listed so we can enter the year with 100% accountability.
Any student funds needing to be paid, or student forms needing to be turned in, can be given to Mr. Langford, Mr. Ellis, or any of our APK Band Booster parents. Please ensure you have turned in any outstanding items!
- Sign Ups (During Band Camp Week 2)
- Sams Club Performance – Thursday, 8.20.15 (7 AM Call Time)
- Lake City Columbia Game – Friday, 8.21.15 (3 PM Call Time)
- OCPS Day 1 = Monday, August 24th
- It is also our FIRST BDMB Winds & Percussion Practice After School 3 PM – 5:30 PM
- Normal Practice Schedule
- Winds & Percussion: Monday/Thursday 3 PM – 5:30 PM
- Guard: Tuesday/Thursday 3 PM – 5:30 PM
- Upcoming Fundraisers
- Cheesecake Sale (September)
- Ford Test Drive (October)
- Corporate Sponsorships (Ongoing)
- See post from two weeks ago to download packet and begin seeking out corporate donations to support your experience in band!