- TBA: Colonels & Drum Majors Meeting (Check FB Group for details)
- TBA: Captains Meeting (Check FB Group for details)
- Monday: LABOR DAY – Student Holiday
- Return to School (No After School Rehearsal)
- 6:30 PM: Booster Meeting (Band Room)
2:00 PM – 3:45 PM FULL MARCHING BAND BRASS Sectional –NEXT WEDNESDAY (9.16.15)
- 1:30 PM – 3:30 PM Percussion Rehearsal
- 4:30 PM – 7:30 PM Color Guard Rehearsal
- Thursday: 3:00 PM – 5:30 PM After School Marching Band Rehearsal
- 7:00 AM Pep Rally (6:30 AM Doors Open)
- Football @ Deland High School
- Call Time 4:30 PM
- Kick Off is 7:00 PM (30 Minutes Earlier Than Normal)
- 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM Marching Technique Day
- Opportunity to recap our marching ability and work on developing our technique as we get into the meat of the season. Rookie members should be in attendance as well as all teaching leadership members. Veteran members are encouraged to attend to continue developing their ability to perform at the highest level visually.
- 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM Marching Technique Day
Last Week’s Recap
We had a great kick off to our annual Cheesecake sale with Blue Ribbon Farms. In addition to our cheesecake sales, we are also offering a variety of tumblers for sale this year. Please check your student’s packet to sell items to friends, family, and more as we begin our fundraiser for the 15-16 school year. The sale ENDS on Thursday, September 17th. Please ensure all forms and payments are brought in by this time. ***Hint…. Parents, Grandparents, and Friends! Take your member’s packet into the break room at work and help them make some sales!***
Friday Night Football @ Roger Williams field was INCREDIBLE! We had a blast watching the Blue Darters beat the Eagles of Edgewater High! We also enjoyed seeing a familiar face join us in Mr. Parris! Great to have him back with us! A HUGE THANK YOU TO EACH AND EVERY PARENT WHO CAME TO MAKE THIS EVENING A SUCCESS ON BEHALF OF OUR MEMBERS! We are grateful for your dedication to their success!
9.8.15 – 9.11.15 Performance Score Board
- Uniform: Marching Band Uniform
- Band T-Shirt, Shorts, LONG BLACK SOCKS, Shoes, Jackets, Bibbers, Shakos, Back packs
- Halftime Performance Plan:
- Scatter on Field to Page 1 of MixTape
- Perform Movement 1 (NEW VERSION w/ Updated Ending)
- Scatter to Concert Set
- Perform Get Ready
- Fight Song – March To Front Sideline
- Take a knee and watch Deland Marching Band
- Call Time: 4:30 PM (Get Dressed)
- Depart AHS: 5:30 PM
- Arrive Spec Martin Stadium: 6:30 PM
- Kick Off: 7:00 PM
- Return Approximately 11:30 PM
- Be sure to sign up for REMIND101 to get our updated travel info.
- Visit our Communications page to sign up!
We will begin unveiling SmartMusic in the coming weeks – Look forward to hearing some beautiful music from your members at home as they”practice”!
Wise Words of Wisdom….
When I starting teaching, I knew that the calling was more than music. Each Friday I take time to offer words that have been shared with me over the years that can hopefully help move our members forward in their life pursuits. I share these with you so you can follow up with your members as we work together as a village to provide a great environment for growing.
- Week 1: There Is Freedom Within The “Fences” ~ The example given was regarding “trust” between kids and parents. As a parent, I give my sons an opportunity to move about within the parameters that have been set up for them. By staying within my guidelines, which are there for their benefit, we develop trust. Over time, this trust becomes worth its weight in gold, but can be lost in an instant. I know that high school brings a tremendous amount of freedom with it and I felt this to be a most important topic as we all get started with a new year of learning and growing! Encourage your member to know their fences and operate freely within them to continue building trust with you and their teachers! Good things will come as a result!
- Week 2:
- Part 1: For the youngin’s….. You Must “Work Before Play!” ~ Get your responsibilities done before attempting to play! This will lead to great success in many facets of your life! W-B-P!
- Part 2: For our older ones…. “ENJOY EVERY MOMENT!” ~ High school, as well as many things in life, pass by so incredibly fast. Stop, take a moment to savor each experience you have as you continue to grow and mature into a young adult! You only get to do this once!
This resource is becoming a great way to communicate with our students at AHS. With the new laptops that each member has, we are able to do so much at our fingertips in each classroom. We encourage you to connect with the parent portals of Edmodo to stay tuned in to what is taking place in your child’s classes. We are very blessed at APK to have this new technology that is already proving to be a huge addition to our campus!