- Monday: 3 PM – 5:30 PM Full Marching Band Rehearsal
- Tuesday: 4:30 PM – 7:30 PM Color Guard Rehearsal
- 1:15 PM – 1:45 PM MANDATORY FULL LEADERSHIP MEETING
- 1:30 PM – 3:30 PM Percussion Rehearsal
- 2:00 PM – 3:45 PM Marching Brass Rehearsal (All Brass Performers)
- Cheesecake Sales TURN IN DAY
- Bring in all sales forms and money so we can place the order from our members.
- 3 PM – 5:30 PM Full Marching Band Rehearsal
- Cheesecake Sales TURN IN DAY
- 6:50 AM Morning Pep Rally
- 5:30 PM Call Time Football @ Dr. Phillips HS
- Saturday: TBA All State Auditions @ Ocoee HS (Times posted this week)
Football @ DPHS Performance Score Board
- Uniform: Full Marching Band Uniform
- Band T-Shirt, Shorts, LONG BLACK SOCKS, Shoes, Jackets, Bibbers, Shakos, Back Packs
- Halftime Performance Plan:
- Scatter on Field to Page 1 of MixTape
- Perform Movement 1 (NEW VERSION w/ Updated Ending)
- Fight Song – March To Front Sideline
- Take a knee and watch DPHS Marching Band
- New Stands Tunes This Week
- From Stands Pack
- Hey Song
- Ain’t No Mountain
- Seminole Uprising
- Victor’s March
- Click here to view all eligible and upcoming music for the Blue Darter Marching Band!
- From Stands Pack
- Call Time: 5:30 PM (Get Dressed)
- Depart AHS: 6:00 PM
- Arrive DPHS: 6:45 PM
- Kick Off: 7:30 PM
- Return Approximately 11:00 PM
- Be sure to sign up for REMIND101 to get our updated travel info.
- Visit our Communications page to sign up!
Last Week Recap
- It was a short week! That said, we managed to rewrite our first movement and give our best performance yet of the young season. This was a huge push forward for us. We had a grinder-type rehearsal on Thursday and the payoff was huge on Friday. Be sure to check out the video on our Facebook Page! (See right hand column to view it on Facebook Page!)
- Congrats to Blue Darter Football for a GREAT GAME! We had a blast supporting them and they made it exciting from beginning to end!
- Classes are finally getting settled and students are where they need to be in terms of performance environments. This is MOST exciting. 🙂
- Our booster meeting was well attended last week and we look to have an even great turn-out next month – we will work to include some student performances for this informative, fun event!
- THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU to the BLUE DARTER ARMY for joining us on Friday as Chaperones, Equipment Gurus, and as great resources for our membership! We are GRATEFUL for your being with us each and every week!
- THANK YOU to our Thursday Concessions Team! We appreciate all you do for our program!
It is imperative that we all take ownership of our personal gear and “properly” utilize the locker space that we provide in the Band Room. “Properly” utilizing the lockers includes the following:
- Purchasing a lock for your locker, and
- LOCKING IT.
It is a sad day when we have gear taken from our members, which unfortunately occurred sometime during last Thursday’s rehearsal. It has been said numerous times before, and will again be stated here… Our room is full people all the time. There is no single person who can sit and watch the room during times of operation. Placing your back pack, instruments, and any other valuable gear INSIDE your locker, and LOCKING the lock is the best line of defense towards ensuring your gear does not get taken. Please take the time to invest in a lock for your locker. If by some chance we have a member who DOES NOT have a locker, please see Nick O’Brien on Monday morning to have one issued to you. We (the Band) provides the locker and you (the individual member) provide the lock.
The above words are hopefully clear and understandable for all to not only take to heart, but to act upon to ensure your gear is safe.
Wise Words of Wisdom…
- Honoring those who make our freedom possible… Freedom isn’t free and regardless of our place in this Country, we must always be thankful for those make our ability to live free.
- What makes an organization great?…. YOU! It is because of the inhabitants of any group that we think of that organization as good or… just “ok”. When we all realize that doing your job & fulfilling your individual responsibilities to the best of your abilities is an essential skill set, we then begin to open up a myriad of possibilities for the group we serve. The old saying that “a chain is only a strong as it’s weakest link” is a great analogy to use. If all of our “links” are doing their individual job (i.e.prepared for rehearsal, at/on time for rehearsal, involved in rehearsal), then our ability to move further ahead is increased exponentially. The math in this case is quite simple, yet often times we do not realize the full potential of our capabilities. Band is a great opportunity for each of us to see this process live in action on a weekly basis as we perform as grow throughout the season!
All State Auditions
Times will be posted this week when our District Chairman completes the schedule. They will be help at Ocoee High and will occur between 8 AM – 3 PM. Again, specific times will be posted early this week. See Mr. L for details.