- 5:15-5:45 Jazz Ensemble Gig @ AMMS Orientation (Auditorium)
- 2:20-3:00 PM After School Jazz
- 5:15-5:45 Jazz Ensemble Gig @ WLMS Orientation (Auditorium)
- 2:20-3:00 PM After School Jazz
- 8:30-2:30 Car Wash Fundraiser at Seacoast Bank
- Prism Week Layout (See below for details.)
- 4.25 Monday Tech Rehearsal 2:30 PM – 4:30 PM
- 4.26 Tuesday Texh Rehearsal/Run Concert 2:30 PM – 5:30 PM
- 4.27 Wednesday OFF
- 4.28 Thursday Performance #1 6:30 PM Call Time
- 4.29 Friday Performance #2 6:30 PM Call Time
- Color Guard Auditions
- May 9th – 11th
- Color Guard Recital – Monday, May 16th
- BOOK IT! Friday, May 27th – BAND BANQUET! 🙂
- Graduation – Tuesday, May 31st (Wow! It is almost here!)
Lakeside Jazz Wrap Up
We had a fantastic (almost dry!) day at Lakeside Jazz and enjoyed a wonderful time of performing and listening to great music all day long! Our evening was filled with great performances from the Stetson Jazz Ensemble, two of the University of North Florida’s Jazz Ensemble and the University of Central Florida Flying Horse Big Band! We also ran into some familiar faces that are now performing with the UNF groups! It was a treat to see them!
Beginning this week, ALL BAND OBLIGATIONS MUST BE PAID TO THE LIBRARY to ensure they are removed from the obligations list.
Car Wash Fundraiser – THIS SATURDAY! (NOOOOOOO RAAAAAIIIIINNNNN!!!!!)
- Site: Seacoast Bank on MAIN STREET
- Times: 8:30 AM – 2:30 PM
- Tickets: Check out from Mr. Langford in class this week
- For full credit you must wash cars.
- TURN IN any unused tickets.
- Sign up for car wash
- Bring Buckets, Sponges, Rags, Water Hoses, Soap, Etc.!
- Percussion: We will bring out some drums and play throughout the day to “Drum Up” donations!
- We are sorry that the April 16th event had to be cancelled. The weather was not predicted to be good at the time that the call was made and our student’s safety was paramount in the decision. We look forward to a great event this weekend! See you there! ALL TICKETS SOLD FROM APRIL 16 WILL BE HONORED!
Prism Week Overview
For our upcoming, new Prism experience, our members will spend two days in preparation AFTER SCHOOL (Monday/Tuesday) to get ready for our performances on Thursday and Friday evening. This year’s event will be free both nights, however, in the coming years, our Prism will become a ticketed event to help enable a performance-based fundraising opportunity for the program. We want for you to bring EVERY PERSON YOU CAN FIND to enjoy this awesome experience.
A few notes on the week ahead so you can better under the process and importance of the extra rehearsals:
- Monday’s rehearsal will occur from 2:30 PM – 4:30 PM and focus on group performances that occur with members from multiple classes.
- Tuesday’s rehearsal will occur from 2:30 PM – 5:30 PM and will serve as a both a Dry Run and Full Run of the program.
- Wednesday is an off day.
- Thursday is Performance Night #1 (6:30 PM Call Time/7:15 PM Doors Open/7:30 Downbeat)
- Friday is Performance Night #2 (6:30 PM Call Time/7:15 PM Doors Open/7:30 Downbeat)
- AFTER FRIDAY’S PERFORMANCE we will strike the hall to clean up! Each student group will have an assigned area to tear down so we can move quickly and effectively through the clean up process.
2016-2017 Student Leadership
Beginning in May, we will hold after school student leadership sessions to learn about the goals for the 2016-2017 Season and the ways in which our student leadership team can help facilitate the success of next year’s ensembles. There will be some changes to the structure of the unit as well as to the process of selection. Members can learn more by attending the initial leadership meeting and then following up at the subsequent area-specific sessions to learn more about the goals, methods, and processes that will guide our continued growth. During the Fall Semester, full leadership meetings will occur on Monday’s after school from 2:20 PM – 2:45 PM. These meetings will serve as our spring board into each week throughout the semester. We will modify our meeting schedule for the Spring Semester.
Wednesday, May 4th will be our initial leadership interest meeting from 1:30 PM – 2:30 PM. Members who desire to be considered for Leadership in 2016-2017 should be in attendance. More dates will follow the next week for those interested specifically in Logistics, Teaching roles, Drum Major, and Senior-Level leadership. There are many ways to serve our program and finding what best fits your skill-sets is paramount to the process.
The selection process will be similar to this past year as each member will submit a resume’ and application. Based on the leadership areas and/or positions that you are applying for, you may be required to have an interview with our panel. Teaching will also be a portion of the process for those interested in a teaching-type role and will occur within class times for our members. Applications, teacher recommendations, etc. will once again be completed via Google Docs and will be available after the initial meeting.
Leadership camp dates and summer work dates are being finalized and those who are selected will be expected to be in attendance. We will once again host our annual camp in conjunction with the Leesburg High and Lake Minneola High leadership teams.
A great reminder for our candidates is that leadership does not require a position, or role, in order to serve. Leadership occurs continuously and across all walks of our lives. Stepping into this process will not make you a leader, rather, it will serve as an opportunity to sharpen the tools that you already innately possess. Our goal throughout this process is always to help you find those tools and how to effectively use them.
And as always….. In Everything, Give Your Best! A plain as it sounds, these are five simple words that can guide you to an incredible life. Continue to use them throughout this process and they will help you become a stronger person as you take this journey.
2016-2017 New Member Information
Is now available at the 2016-2017 New Member Information page! Please share with ALL INCOMING MEMBERS that you know! And go out and find more!