- Color Guard Rehearsal Schedule: Visit www.apopkaguard.com
- Cheesecake Sales Are In Full Force! Final sales DUE Friday, August 26th!
- Monday, August 15th
- First Day! Welcome back!
- Full Leadership Meeting, 2:15 PM – 2:45 PM
- Tuesday, August 16th
- Marching Band Rehearsal (Mandatory) 6:00 PM – 8:30 PM
- Wednesday, August 17th
- Percussion Rehearsal (Mandatory) 7th Period – 3:00 PM
- Thursday, August 18th
- Marching Band Rehearsal 3:00 PM – 5:30 PM
- Friday, August 19th
- Senior Leadership Meeting, 2:15 PM – 230 PM (Colonels, Drum Majors, Captains)
- Football vs. Lake City Columbia (Home)
- Courtyard Call Time 5:45 PM
- PreGame 6:40 PM
- Kick Off 7:00 PM
- Uniform: UNDER UNIFORM – Including LONG BLACK SOCKS.
- Courtyard Warm Up, Block Up, March to Stadium, Pre-Game, Game, March Back to Room
Click HERE for the printable 2016-2017 Fall/Spring Calendar! (v7.23.16)
Band Camp Follow Up Survey
Thank you to ALL who made our Band Camp 2016 a tremendous success as we kick off the 2016-2017 year. For our students and parents alike, we request that you click on the link below and take a moment to fill out this survey to help us better serve our membership for the Fall 2017 camp experience. It should only take a couple of minutes and we thank you in advance for sharing your thoughts!
Click HERE for the Survey!
First Day…. What do I need???
Glad ya asked! Bring your INSTRUMENT, MUSIC, PENCIL, and a 1-Inch BLACK THREE-RING BINDER! Bring your laptop as well and we will connect with two web items briefly: Google Classroom and Charms Office.
Calling All Volunteers!
The “Additions” link for volunteering is up and running! ALL PARENTS – please click now and take a moment to fill out the application!
1. Click HERE for the Additions Application!
2. Scroll down and click “Sign Up”
3. If you are new to ADDitions you will click New a New Account and fill out the form (it should take no more than 7 minutes)
4. If you have been in the ADDitions system before, sign in to attach yourself to Apopka High School
5. Once you are done you can click on My Requests and you should see this screen
Thank you for always going above and beyond to make Apopka High School great!!!
How many items have you sold? We are in the TWO-WEEK countdown to completion! We will work to get more brochures in for the fundraiser to pass out this week for those who did not receive one during camp. We will take roll in class each day for the next two weeks and add to each class’s total to see who is leading the way!
All State Auditions
Any students who have been preparing for the upcoming All State audition, you will have the opportunity to officially sign up this week. There are some changes with the process for sign up which will require a specific Student/Parent contract to be printed, signed, and submitted. The sign up sheet will be available in Mr. Langford’s office. Friday, August 19th is the DEADLINE to see him regarding sign up.
For the 16-17 year, the Apopka Bands will utilize Google Classroom for our daily plans. (In lieu of Edmodo.) Please visit https://classroom.google.com, log in using your OCPS Student ID, and connect yourself to the following courses using the provided codes. Most of the classroom pages are under construction and will be ready for Monday with information that can be downloaded for the start of the year.
- Marching Band (All Members) Code: 306yvb
- Then… Add your class.
- 1st Concert Woodwinds Code: 3icgida
- 2nd Symphonic Band Code: ek1wf23
- 3rd Concert Brass Code: 61ay3xe
- 4th Wind Symphony Code: lm8f1m
- 5th Jazz Ensemble Code: kn81o6
- 6th AP Music Theory Code: lqcx8h9
- 7th Percussion Ensemble Code: ijlpr3
Academic Consortium of Scholars Sponsorships
The ACS at Apopka High School has quickly become an incredible motivational resource that is used by our campus to encourage positive growth in academics. Students can earn awesome APK gear based on their grade point average and growth as a student. The attached document is a great way for our community to support the ACS through becoming a sponsor to help grow this great opportunity for our students.
Click HERE for the form.