- Guard Rehearsal Schedule: Visit www.apopkaguard.com
- Full Leadership Meeting, 2:15 – 2:45 (Dress Up!)
- BDMB 6:00 PM – 8:30 PM
- CHEESECAKE PICK UP AFTER REHEARSAL IN BAND ROOM
- In Class: Mattress Fundraiser Kick Off
- Percussion 1:15 PM – 3:00 PM
- BDMB 3:00 PM – 5:30 PM
- Morning Pep Rally 6:45 AM
- Senior Leadership Meeting 2:15-2:30
- Football @ University
- Call Time 4:45 PM
- Earliest call time of the year as we have to travel to East Orlando.
- Departure Time 5:15 PM
- Full Uniform
- Bring $$$ for Concessions
- BAND ROOM CLEAN UP! 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
- See Details Below! We need YOU! Yes…. YOU!
- 9.26.16 7:00 PM – Auditorium – Band Trip Interest Meeting – WASHINGTON DC! Spring 2017!
- 9.30.16 Football @ West Orange
- 10.4.16 – Rehearsal Start Time moved to 5:00 PM (We will be the mass pep band for Powder Puff that night at 7 PM) We will dismiss no later than 8 PM.
- 10.7.16 Football vs. Olympia HOMECOMING & ALUMNI BAND NIGHT
- 10.13.16 Football @ Wekiva THURSDAY NIGHT GAME
- 10.14.16 (Friday Morning Rehearsal) 9 AM – 12 PM MANDATORY-NOT OPTIONAL
- This will help us make up for lost “Thursday” rehearsal time on 10.13 and two weeks later on 10.27.
- This is NOT an optional rehearsal.
- 10.21.16 FB vs. Oak Ridge FUTURE DARTER MARCHER NIGHT
- 10.27.16 Football vs. Evans Senior Night & THURSDAY NIGHT GAME
- 11.5.16 Marching MPA at University High School (Full Day Event)
Congratulations! Thank You’s!
Congrats to all of our Band & Guard Students of the Week!
Thank you to ALL who have worked to make our week a success! Special thanks to our Uniform Team: Janice, Brenda, Becky for all of the countless hours you have put into making them look great!
Concessions: Thank you to ALL who have come in to support our Friday night experience! We are grateful for all you do for the program and fans!
Band Dad’s & Chaperones: Thank you for all of your support in making the safety and logistics of our kids a success!
Students: THANK YOU for entertaining our crowd and bringing energy to our stadium each week. You make a difference in the atmosphere of the game and we are proud of the growth you exhibit each and every week! IE, GYB!
Band Room Clean Up/Spruce Up
Big News For The Blue Darter Band! Calling all Guard, Winds, Percussion, and PARENTS!
We get new carpet on September 26th/27th! That in mind, we have to prep the room for their arrival! We will hold a Band Room Clean Up/Spruce session this Saturday morning (9.24.16) from 9 AM – 1 PM. The doors will actually be open around 8 AM and probably will not close until around 2 PM (Hint…hint…) as we want to get everything out of the carpeted areas and prepped in the auditorium for classes on Monday and Tuesday. In addition to this, we want to take the opportunity to move our whiteboard, paint the walls and clean up the sound tiles throughout the room. We will have sign ups going on this week to get teams ready for help. We need both Student AND Adult volunteers to help make this happen!
Cheesecake Arrival Is Tuesday, 9.20!
Please be prepared to collect your cheesecake items on Tuesday evening AFTER rehearsal to distribute to those who purchased them from you.
We are proud to announce our NEW addition to the Homecoming Game experience! Alumni Band 2016! Calling all interested “Alums” of the Band! Sign Up link will go live this week and will include a link to the music to download!
Alumni that would like to participate MUST procure their own instrument for the evening as we are not able to provide any at this time. Check your closet, dust them off, and get to work when you get your music to come and join us for an exciting night of performance! The Alumni Band will join us for Pre-Game and perform during our feature selection portion of that show!
SPREAD THE WORD!
DC Trip Interest Meeting!
NEXT MONDAY! September 26th at 7 PM! We want EVERYONE to come out and hear about our exciting performance opportunity to travel to DC in the Spring to perform with one of the world’s most exciting wind bands – The U.S. Army’s “Pershing’s Own”! Trip details and a timeline of preparation will be presented. We cannot wait to get started in preparing for this trip! It will be the OPPORTUNITY OF A LIFETIME!