WE HAVE A HUGE TWO WEEKS AHEAD AS WE PUSH TO CONTINUE REFINING OUR SHOW FOR MPA AND THE PLAYOFFS! WE HAVE THREE REMAINING REHEARSALS FOR MPA! (Tuesday 10.25, Tuesday, 11.1, Thursday, 11.3)
- BAND ROOM CLEAN UP SECTION OF THE WEEK: CLARINETS!
- Color Guard Schedule: Visit www.apopkaguard.com
- 2:15 PM – 2:45 PM Full Leadership Meeting
- 6:00 PM – 8:30 PM Full BDMB Rehearsal
- Percussion 1:15 PM – 3:00 PM
- Thursday – FOOTBALL vs. EVANS ~ SENIOR NIGHT
- SEE BELOW FOR PARENT SCHEDULE
- Member Schedule:
- 5:00 PM Courtyard Call Time (For Warm Up Time & Senior Night Festivities)
- 5:20 PM March To Stadium
- 5:30 PM All Freshmen/Sophomores/Juniors to Stands – Seniors to track
- 5:45 PM Senior Night Begins (Fr/So/Ju come down for PRE-GAME after Senior festivities)
- 6:45 PM Pre-Game
- 7:00 PM Kick Off vs. Evans
- Friday – HURRICANE MAKE UP DAY
- 11.5.16 Marching MPA at University High School (Full Day Event) See ITINERARY BELOW.
- 11.8.16 BDMB Recording Session – In Courtyard (2:45 PM – 4 PM)
- 11.8.16-11.9.16 BDMB Band Pictures (In Classes)
- 11.10.16 BDMB Spirit Night @ Apopka Fair 5:30 PM Performance (Playoff Pep Rally!)
- We will MEET at Kit Land Nelson Park at 5:00 PM for this event in UNDER UNIFORM.
- Downbeat is at 5:30 PM.
- This is FREE PARKING NIGHT at the Fair. NO CHARGE TO PARK.
- 11.11.16 Opening Round of Playoffs – Details TBA (Continues each week as long as we win) – Your attendance is still required.
Weekly Wrap Up
Thank you to all who made it a great week! Thank you to Percussion for an exceptional job on our clean up throughout the week! Thank you to Mrs. Bentley, Mr. Sargent, and Mrs. Langford for bringing out an incredible group of FUTURE DARTERS to our game! The FUTURE is LOOKING UP! 🙂
Here are some pictures from the week!
We are wrapping up our Mattress Fundraiser THIS WEEK and need all cards returned with any names of those who may be interested in purchasing a mattress! These are DUE BY FRIDAY!
Apopka Rotary Calendar Sales BEGIN THIS WEEK on Monday! This sale is a great “year-to-year” item for our band and is an awesome way to earn funds towards both your FAIR SHARE and TRIP experience. Calendars are $10 EACH and will be distributed in classes on Monday. If you already know you have multiple sales, you will be able to check out more than one.
We are very excited about our upcoming trip and the details that are beginning to fall into place! We have received some tremendous support from our community and are continuing to bring in donations to help us reduce the overall cost for each member. We will not have an exact amount until we have a number of participants, however, we are thrilled about the support that has taken place thus far. We are now in the one week window to make the deposit for the trip. It is important that each member turns in their commitment by the deadline so we can move forward with defining our pricing and financial goals for the trip. Here are a few bullet points for clarification:
- Initial Trip Deposit is DUE Next Monday, October 31st. ($150.00)
- FAIR SHARE is not DUE to be paid off until DECEMBER 2016. You DO NOT have to have your fair share paid off by next week to sign up for the trip.
- Any donations that are received for the full band are used to offfset the total cost of the trip.
- Any trip related questions should be sent to our trip coordinator, Karen Wilson. You can find her email address on our WASHINGTON DC Trip Page.
The layout for our Class of 2017 Senior Night’s festivities is below. Please ensure parents and family are there early to be lined up for our presentation. Senior Night forms will be handed out in class this week for completion. They must be completed by Wednesday.
- 5:30 PM Parent Arrival/Check In/Line Up Time (Gate by Home Concession Stand)
- 5:45 PM Senior Night Festivities Begin
- 6:45 PM Pre-Game Begins (Seniors do march in pre-game.)
Our Marching MPA Trip Itinerary can be found HERE. Here are the bullet point details:
- Field Call Time/Run Through is 1:00 PM.
- BDMB Performance Time is 7:15 PM @ University High School.
- All details are located within the above document.
- ADMISSION PRICE UPDATE
- $10.00 per individual
- $30.00 for family of FOUR (4) or more
- Children under 7 are FREE
- OCPS Middle School Band Students WITH their Band T-Shirt on are admitted free.