Things to check out below…Read all the way!!!
- Friday Video!
- This Week!
- Looking Ahead!
- Pep Band to Jax Details!
- End of 9 Weeks BINDER Grade!
- All County Band Audition Information!
- Band Day Information!
- BDMB 6 PM – 8:30 PM
- Drumline to Apopka Elementary 7:30 AM (Percussionists See Mr. L BEFORE SCHOOL MONDAY MORNING FOR FIELD TRIP FORM.)
- Percussion Sectional 12 PM – 3 PM
- BDMB 2:30 PM – 5 PM
- Pep Rally 6:30 AM
- Pep Band to Jacksonville Mandarin (Click HERE for schedule)
- See details below for sign ups.
Enjoy! Not an endorsement for this car company but just for GOOD MUSIC! SING ALONG AND ENJOY! 🙂
- October 9: Football (Pep Band) @ Dr. Phillips
- October 10: BDMB AFTERNOON REHEARSAL 2:30 PM – 5 PM
- Due to Homecoming Powder Puff game that evening.
- October 10: Powder Puff Pep Band 7 PM
- October 13
- Morning Pep Rally
- Afternoon Homecoming Parade
- Afternoon Pep Rally
- Alumni Band
- Football vs. West Orange (Post-Game Performance)
- October 16
- Teacher Workday
- BDMB MANDATORY REHEARSAL 9 AM – 12 PM
- October 20: Bye Week
- October 27: Football vs. Wekiva
- Senior Night
- Middle School Night
- October 31: BDMB AFTERNOON REHEARSAL 2:30 PM – 5 PM
- Due to Halloween
- November 2: BDMB EVENING REHEARSAL 6 PM – 8:30 PM
- November 3: Football @ Oak Ridge
- November 4: MARCHING MPA!!!!!
- Details Coming Soon!
- November 9: Fall Concert
- November 13: All County Auditions @ Freedom High School
- November 18: Band Day @ FSU!
Pep Band to Jacksonville Details
We will use a set instrumentation for our trip on Friday to Jacksonville. Sign ups will occur in the following format:
- Before School: Student Leadership Sign Up
- After School: Senior Sign Up
- Before School: Junior Sign Up
- After School: Sophomore Sign Up
- Before BDMB Evening Rehearsal: Sophomore/Freshmen Sign Up
We are have slots for 100 students and will take sign ups based on the instrumentation that is established for this trip as follows: 10 Flutes, 10 Clarinets, 10 Altos, 6 Low Reeds, 10 Trumpets, 4 Horns, 8 Bones, 4 Baritones, 8 Tubas, 13 Percussion, 10 Guard. The list will be tweaked as needed by Mr. Langford based on the needs of the ensemble for that evening.
PLEASE NOTE: Students wishing to attend must see Mr. Langford to sign up based on the above timeline. There will NOT be a list posted on the board. Mr. Langford will keep the clipboard in the office. Please check your schedule and availability for this trip as the departure time is less than an hour after the completion of the school day. (3 PM) We will stop en route to Jax at a food court for dinner.
We are using two Charter busses for this trip due to the fact that we cannot get our normal army of School busses for the necessary departure time for this trip.
End of 9 Weeks Binder Project
This week criteria will be posted for each class regarding the end of 9 weeks Binder Check. This will serve as a capstone grade for our first quarter to ensure each member has the right music, pedagogy documents, pencil, etc. to effectively navigate our daily rehearsal routine. Most of our members exhibit our expectation every day and have the necessary materials, however, this will serve as a great chance to ensure they have all of the music that is being performed in their classes. The binder should be a BLACK, THREE RING BINDER, just as requested on our course syllabus so that it can be used in rehearsal and stage performance.
OCPS All County Band Audition Information
This information will be shared in all classes this week as we prepare for the upcoming audition experience on Monday, November 14th at Freedom High School. The audition opportunities include 9/10 Concert Band, 11/12 Symphonic Band, and the High School Jazz Ensemble. Check in classes for this information.
Band Day @ FSU!
Great news! Our original allotment of tickets (250) was granted for our trip experience on the new date of November 18th. Kick Off for this game is not yet known so we are not able to nail down the exact schedule at this time. We will post a list later this week so we can ensure we know the exact numbers for Charter Bus purposes. If you have already paid your $10, this will be applied forward for this experience.