- All Wind Class: Mr. Wansley – Guest Clinician
- 2:15 PM – 3:15 PM: Symphonic Band & Percussion Rehearsal
- 2:15 PM – 3:15 PM: Wind Symphony & Percussion Rehearsal
- 4 PM – 4:45 PM: Wolf Lake MS S&E Mentoring Session
- 1:15 PM – 2 PM Band Room Clean Up/S&E Prep
- Sign Up on Monday
- District Jazz MPA @ Apopka High (Day 1) Event Running Time: 9:30 AM – 9 PM
- 9:30 AM Jazz Ensemble 2 Performance
- 10 AM Jazz Ensemble 1 Performance
- District Jazz MPA @ Apopka High (Day 2)Event Running Time: 10 AM – 2:30 PM
- District Solo & Ensemble/Auxiliary MPA @ Apopka High (Day 1) Event Running Time: 4 PM – 9 PM
- District Solo & Ensemble/Auxiliary MPA @ Apopka High (Continued) Event Running Time: 8 AM – 5 PM
- See below for Shift Worker times/info.
- Next Week… Tuesday, February 13th
- Wind Symphony & Percussion EVENING Rehearsal 6 PM – 8 PM
- Guest Clinician Mr. Gabriel Fielder
Solo & Ensemble Is Here! Read THOROUGHLY To Ensure You Are Up To Speed!
Welcome to S&E Week! This week means a lot for our program! We have many great performances and opportunities to showcase our learning as well as a great opportunity to serve our peers in FBA District 8 at SITE HOST for our annual Jazz/S&E/Auxiliary MPA performances!
The performance schedule should be released at some point today (yes, this is late…. still waiting to receive this from the District folks) AND our shift worker sign up will be posted first thing Monday morning for students to begin choosing their times to come and assist for this event. It is an expectation that EACH OF OUR MEMBERS within the program work one shift throughout the festival. This unique opportunity also will provide a great opportunity to earn much needed volunteer hours. You may earn as many as you can work throughout the weekend. Shift times are as follows:
- Friday S&E/Auxiliary
- Set Up Crew: 2:30 PM – 4 PM
- Shift 1: 3:30 PM – 5:30 PM
- Shift 2: 5:15 PM – 7:15 PM
- Shift 3: 7 PM – 9 PM
- Saturday S&E/Auxiliary
- Shift 1: 8 AM – 10 AM
- Shift 2: 9:45 AM – 11:45 AM
- Shift 3: 11:30 AM – 1:30 PM
- Shift 4: 1:15 PM – 3:15 PM
- Shift 5: 3 PM – 5 PM
- Tear Down Crew: 3:30 PM – 5:30 PM
- Jobs that you can sign up for include: Judge Runner, Help Desk, Office Help, Campus/Parking, Auxiliary Assistant.
- For your shift, members should wear an APK BAND T-Shirt to ensure you are a visible, available, customer service representative for Apopka High. Jeans or shorts are appropriate.
- For our Brass, Woodwind, and Percussion performances, members should wear their Tuxedo uniforms. For all other S&E events, you are to dress NICELY and appropriately for this performance environment. Jeans or shorts are not an appropriate option.
In addition to our student support element to S&E, we have a great opportunity to earn funds through concessions offered by our Booster organization. We will need parent support on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday to make this a reality for our organization. These is one of our best methods to earn much needed funds for our program!
This coming week represents the culmination of many incredible things for our program! Great performances! Hard work! Commitment! Effort! Service! and More! I am looking forward to seeing and hearing our program make incredible music and provide wonderful, welcoming space for others to do the same!
Great Job Jazz Ensemble 1 @ Epcot!
Saturday, our JE1 gave their final Epcot performance for the International Festival of the Arts! They were fantastic and had great audiences that bounced around and danced throughout! Mission Accomplished! Congratulations to both of our Jazz Ensembles on a great start to the Spring Semester!
Winterguard @ Oveido Show!
Congratulations to our Winterguard on a great run at their show on Saturday! 2nd place finish!