Visit our Apopka Bands Facebook page to see the FB Live clips of Friday’s Performance! (Click link on right hand side of this page!) Enjoy!
Congratulations to our new 2018 BDMB on an incredible Summer Band Camp Experience! We are continuing to grow and explore new dimensions of the marching realm that will undoubtedly take us to new heights in our ability to excite and entertain the Apopka faithful as well as each and every audience we are able to pump up through performance! We are proud of you!
Alumni: It was an absolute joy to see many of you return throughout the weeks of camp to say hi and see what is going on in your BDMB. It is a true testament to the impact this program has had on all of our lives. In the future, as we sing the alma mater to close out rehearsals and performances, please know you are ALWAYS welcomed to jump in, grab a shoulder, and sing along with your family. My apologies for not announcing this on Friday at our end of camp performance! It was great to see you! Go forth and have a great Fall Semester! We look forward to seeing you each Friday that you can make it out to Blue Darter Football! #IEGYB!
As we look ahead, regular season begins Monday, August 13th, or first day of school. While you will be meeting new teachers, reconnecting with friends, etc., we are in “full steam ahead” mode. We will cover our official rules and expectations within each class on Monday, and begin rehearsals on Tuesday. Tuesday evening begins our first evening rehearsal of the season from 6 pm to 8:30 pm. And with that…. off we go! Football Friday will take us to Daytona Beach Mainland in our first contest on August 17th.
Remember: This is our first travel experience. Those without medical forms on file will not travel with the program. This is a mandatory trip. Get the form completed and turned in to Mr. L as soon as possible. You may also scan and email the form if you wis to do so.
Here is our Week 1 “Weekly Schedule”:
- Monday: OCPS First Day
- Tuesday: BDMB Evening Rehearsal 6 pm – 8:30 pm
- Wednesday: Percussion After School (TBA)
- Thursday: BDMB After School 3 PM – 5:30 PM (Change from 17-18 due to 2:20 end time.)
- Friday: Football @ Mainland (Call Time TBA)
- Thank you to ALL that helped in or concessions clean up! APK football is just around the corner and the burgers will be flowing and smelling up the stadium!
- Charms Info Update! Haven’t filled it out yet? Do it now so we can connect you within the program!
- Committee Interest Questionnaire! Parents, have you filled out our booster questionnaire yet? If not, consider being a part of the organization that makes all of this possible! Click today to see how you can best your You time, talents, and treasures to serve our greatest resources (our kiddos!) alongside some incredible parents in APK!
- Forms! Visit our Forms page to get any missing forms!
- Sign Ups: FSU Band Day Sign Ups will occur through the first week of school. They will be finalized Friday, August 17th. Payment must be made for both students/parents to hold your seat for this year’s event. Each seat is $25 per person. Game Tickets are free.
- Sign Ups: Freshmen Jazz! Email Mr. L this week if you did not get a chance to sign up so he can add yo name to the list! (email@example.com)
And Finally… Thank You!
To every person who made our Summer Band Camp a tremendous success. We are grateful for the efforts that were given to learn, to grow, to support, to serve, and to build or program by our Members, Student Leaders, Parents, and Staff these last two weeks! Our Fall 2018 Campaign will be an incredible experience together and we grow and learn more about coming together through performance!
Congratulations to our ROOKIE CLASS on a great start to your BDMB career! You did an outstanding job!
We hope you have an incredibly restful week and get ready for your best school year yet….. This is your year! Strive for the highest…. and, as always, never forget, IN EVERYTHING, GIVE YOUR BEST! NOW, GO TAKE A BATH! #iegyb #themachine #2018bdmb