- 10.1.18-10.5.18 Weekly Course Layout
- No Scheduled Events
- CHANGE: AFTER SCHOOL BDMB 3 PM – 5:30 PM (Due to Powder Puff Game)
- Homecoming Powder Puff Pep Band 6:30 PM Call Time
- This is a fun pep band opportunity for all who wish to come out and support our annual Homecoming Powder Puff game. Report time in band room is 6:30 PM. The group will move to the field together. Those in attendance at this time will enter the game for free with the pep band. All others will have to pay to enter.
- 1:20 PM – 2 PM Woodwinds
- 6 PM – 8 PM Front Ensemble
- 6 PM – 8 PM Color Guard
- AFTER SCHOOL BDMB 3 PM – 5:30 PM Per Normal Schedule
- Morning Pep Rally
- 6:30 AM Doors Open
- 6:50 AM Warm Up
- 7 AM Pep Rally
- Afternoon HOMECOMING Pep Rally
- End Of The School Day
- HOMECOMING GAME/ALUMNI BAND OPPORTUNITY!
- 5 PM Doors Open
- 5:30 PM Gear To Stadium
- 6 PM Courtyard Call Time (Alumni Join Us At This Time!)
- 6:15 PM Arcs
- 6:30 PM March to Stadium
- 6:50 PM PreGame
- 7 PM Kick Off
- Homecoming Dance @ Hard Rock Live!!!
- October 12th – FB @ West Orange (Away)
- October 19th – Football BYE Week/No Game…. But…. (See next entry!)
- October 20th – Competition at University High School (All Day) GO BAND!
- See Itinerary Below…
- October 26th – BDMB MORNING REHEARSAL (No School) 9 AM – 12 PM
- FB @ Wekiva 5 PM Call Time
- November 2nd – Football vs. Oak Ridge SENIOR NIGHT
- November 3rd – Marching MPA @ University High School (All Day) GO BAND!
- See Itinerary Below
Middle School Night/Rookie Marching Day Follow Up
Thank you to all who made these two events incredible successes! We are grateful to each our Future Darters and Rookies that participated in these events! We had nearly 400 students in the stands on Friday evening as we welcomed the Class of 2023 (Wow!) to Roger Williams Field! There was a great feeling of energy and excitement throughout our time together and the Future Darters jumped right in to help us cheer our Darter on to Victory!
To our Rookies that joined us on Saturday morning for Rookie Day, you were awesome! There were many incredible things taking place and learning opportunities that would not normally occur during a regular work week for the BDMB. The best part of the day was watching our Rookies become the POD leaders and leading their peers to success! Congratulations on a great day of learning! IEGYB!
Be sure to visit our FaceBook Page (Link on Right Hand side!) to see more pictures of our season! Thank you to Mr. Osegueda, Mr. Frazier, and Mr. Sargent for all of your help in posting great pics and videos of the band!
NYC Trip Extension
We have been given a few extra days to get our initial payment in to our travel company. All payments received by WEDNESDAY, October 3rd (Cash/Check/SchoolPay) will be credited towards the trip and included in our initial payment. Please reach out to Ms. Bercegeay if you have questions about the new update. We will post a trip roster by mid-week to ensure your payment has been recorded before we submit the payment. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
OCPS All County Band & Jazz Ensemble Auditions
Visit the All County Band audition page (tab located above) to get the music for this year’s auditions! See Mr. Langford if you would like assistance with printing music, audition help, etc. The audition date is MONDAY, NOVEMBER 12th! This is just enough time to really get to work and put in some incredible effort to earning a chair in this awesome performance experience. Begin working now to earn this opportunity!
Come and join us for our annual Homecoming Festivities on Friday, October 5th! We look forward to having our alumni perform with us at our PreGame festivities! This year, we will perform Land Of A 1000 Dances together during the PreGame celebration! You can download the music below and prepare now for an awesome night. For the evening, we ask that you join us in the courtyard at 6 PM so we can get you set up with the sections and have a run through. The performing alums will march into Roger Williams Field with us to perform. Any guests accompanying the alums will need to enter through the ticketing area.
Click HERE to download your music!
Order goes in this week! Be sure to order via SchoolPay OR Cash/Check in deposited in safe by Thursday. Order will be placed on Friday. Email Mrs. Janice if you are placing an order this week to ensure your order is not overlooked. (email@example.com)
BDMB Trip Itineraries
The following two itineraries represent CAPSTONE performances for our program as we enter the heart of our season. They are events that allow us to showcase our growth as well as watch other performances in a true “audience” fashion which always inspires further growth and development. Attendance at these events is mandatory as they have been listed on our calendar since it was established in May. Please use the below itineraries to best plan for these exciting upcoming events for our program.
University Classic Marching Competition (Saturday, October 20th)
- 11:30 AM BDMB Reports to Parking Lot/Warm Up & Run Through
- 12:15 PM Load Trucks
- 12:45 PM Depart for University
- 2 PM Performances Begin
- 4:40 PM BDMB Performance
- 5 PM Dinner Break
- 6 PM Performances Resume
- 8 PM Awards Ceremony
- 9:30 PM Return to AHS
University Classic Ticket Information For Families
- $10.00 General Admission per person
- $6.00 Students with a valid ID
- $6.00 Children age 4 – 13
- FREE Children age 3 and under
- $30.00 Families of more than four
Concessions Menu for University Classic!
BDMB Marching MPA @ University High School (Saturday, November 3rd)
WE ARE AWAITING THE OFFICIAL SCHEDULE TO POST ACTUAL TIMES. HOWEVER, WE ANTICIPATE AN EVENING PERFORMANCE SLOT. THIS WOULD CREATE AN EARLY AFTERNOON ARRIVAL TIME FOR WARM UP/RUN THROUGH.
- TBA BDMB Reports to Parking Lot/Warm Up & Run Through
- TBA PM Load Trucks
- TBA Depart for University
- TBA Performances Begin
- TBA BDMB Performance (Anticipate EVENING Performance Time)
- TBA Watch Remaining Performances
- TBA Return to AHS