CONTINUE TO UPDATE YOUR “QUALITY EMAILS” & “TEXTING LISTS” WITHIN THE SNAP-RAISE APP TO REACH OUT FOR MORE SUPPORT! THOSE WHO HAVE MADE THE EFFORT ARE REAPING THE BENEFITS! REACH OUT NOW!
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
There are 50 open seats for Saturday’s trip to FSU Band Day. The FIRST 50 to pay via SchoolPay will secure the seats. Check the CURRENT TRAVEL LIST to confirm your status. This document is updated as of Wednesday morning, September 4th. Any payments made AFTER the original deadline (8.30.19) will be updated on Thursday, 9.5.19. Follow these steps to complete the process:
- Click on SchoolPay to make the payment(s). $15 per person. (ie: 2 people = $30, 3 = $45, etc.) We do need at least 5 more adults to travel with us within the 50 person number. THANK YOU TO ALL ADULT CHAPERONES THAT ARE TRAVELING WITH US! 🙂
- Email Mr. L to apprise him of your payment so he can keep track of how many are paying today. A text will be sent out once we reach 50. EMAILING MR. L DOES NOT HOLD YOUR SPOT. PAYMENT VIA SCHOOLPAY CONFIRMS YOUR SPOT(S).
THESE SEATS WILL FILL FAST. ACT QUICKLY!
FSU Band Day Schedule
- 8:45 AM Arrive (Full Group Meeting IN BAND ROOM @ 9 AM)
- 9:15 AM Depart for Tallahassee
- 1:30 PM Arrive Governors Square Mall (30-45 Minutes to Eat in Food Court)
- 2:30 PM Arrive Tallahassee Civic Center – Walk to Mike Martin Baseball Stadium for Skull Session
- 3 PM Marching Chiefs Skull Session
- 5 PM Football Game Kick Off
- TBA We will depart during the 4th quarter for Apopka.
- TBA Arrival in Apopka – We will text out once we depart Tally to update our arrival.
- September 13th: FB @ Ocoee (Full Band)
- September 14th: All State Auditions @ Ocoee HS (See Below)
- September 20th: FB @ Dr. Phillips
- September 24th: BDMB Tuesday EVENING is now AFTERNOON due to Powder Puff Football Game 3 PM – 5:30 PM PLAN AHEAD NOW
- September 24th: Powder Puff Football Pep Band Opportunity
- September 27th: FB vs. Lake Brantley (Homecoming/Alumni Band)
- Visit soon for Alumni Band Info!
- October 4th: FB @ Jones (@ Citrus Bowl)
We have had an INCREDIBLE WEEK in the Blue Darter Bands! Each of our classes have continued to form and develop into true families within their individual settings. And, our BDMB had an unbelievable start to our slate of Home Games for Blue Darter football! It is an honor to be part of such an awesome group of musicians!
From Pep Rallies, to learning more about our classmates within the performance setting, and watching our own musicians stand in front of the ensemble and teaching, we have had a great Week 3! Looking forward to many, many more incredible opportunities to make music and memories together! #iegyb
Now that we are on the flip side of Dorian, memes aside, please do not let your guard down regarding hurricane preparedness. There are other tropical storms in the Atlantic to watch and stay vigilant to ensure we are ready should anything come up. In addition, as we return to school, let us all be reminded that there is MUCH to be done both academically and musically and it is incumbent upon each of us as stakeholders of AHS to roll up our sleeves and get to work. I hope you have had some incredible time with family and friends during this time away and now it is time to get back at it and continue our journey!
We will hold our normal Thursday rehearsal from 3 PM – 5:30 PM to ensure we are staying on course – and – focusing on Mvt. 2 to prepare to perform it at our football contest against Dr. Phillips on September 20th. We anticipate beginning Mvt. 3 next week! Our goal is to present our entire show postgame at Homecoming! Let’s push forward!
Looking forward to an awesome time at FSU Band Day as we cheer on the Marching Chiefs! Looking forward to some incredible work in each of our classes and getting back to work with each of you! See you on Thursday for our “Monday” classes! 🙂 #iegyb
We kicked off on Friday, August 23rd and have already raised nearly $6000! Please check with your member to ensure they have uploaded their TWENTY (20) quality emails to spread the word! This is a fantastic fundraiser for our program that will bring us tremendous financial support to continue our mission of providing a top-quality music education experience! Money brought in on behalf of each student will be credited to their accounts. SPREAD THE WORD AND EARN SOME DOUGH$$$$$$!!!!! #iegyb
Things We Need Help With In The Blue Darter Bands!!!
- Photographer! Games, concerts, etc…. Help us spread the visual message each week of the incredible things going on in our family!
- Let Mr. L know if you can help in this capacity!
- Concessions helpers! This is a MAJOR fundraiser for our program! MAJOR!
- Contact Mrs. Baron and Mrs. Radcliffe to let them know how you can help!
- Additions Volunteers! Please visit https://ocps.samaritan.com to SIGN UP for our Volunteer group! Contact Mrs. Baron to let her know how/when you can help!