Fall 2017 Membership Information!!!
- Click HERE to visit the 17-18 New Member Page!
- Click HERE to view the Apopka Bands Brochure!
- Click HERE to download the 2017 Intent to March Form! DUE June 1st!
- Click HERE to see our Fall 2017 Tour Schedule for all upcoming dates and events through December 2017!
KICK OFF PARTY IS WEDNESDAY, MAY 31st! 6 PM – 7:30 PM! SEE YOU THERE!
Band Camp is July 24th – August 4th! See our schedule for detailed dates and information!
HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO ALL OF OUR PROGRAM MOTHERS! WE APPRECIATE YOU!
- BRING IN ALL SCHOOL OWNED INSTRUMENTS ON MONDAY FOR INVENTORY!
- Banquet Ticket Deadline
- FINAL DAY FOR TICKET SALES
- SENIORS MUST TURN IN AN ENVELOPE TO RESERVE YOUR DINNER
- USE SCHOOL PAY (right hand column of site) TO BUY YOUR TICKETS
- Leadership Callbacks
- Emails will be sent out (afternoon/evening) to those that need to sign up for Interviews for Wednesday. (Sign up sheet posted on Tuesday)
- Guard Auditions 5 PM – 7 PM Cafetorium
- Guard Auditions 5 PM – 7 PM Cafetorium
- Guard Auditions 5 PM – 7 PM Cafetorium
- Leadership Interviews TIMES TBA (By appointment)
- Jazz Under The Stars 8 PM Courtyard
- Band Banquet/Cafeteria
- 5 PM – 9 PM
- Graduation – Wednesday, May 24th 3 PM, Amway Center
- Grad Band info will go home this week. We are taking a smaller group this year and will not be taking the entire ensemble.
- Spring Football – Thursday, May 25th
- We will take a pep band to this event.
- Kick Off – Wednesday, May 31st
- Leadership Camp #1 – Times TBA
- Summer Kick Off Rehearsal – Times TBA
- Leadership Camp #2 – Times TBA
- Band Camp Week 1 July 24 – 27
- Band Camp Week 2 July 31 – August 4
- Color Guard Schedule: Visit www.apopkaguard.com
- No Scheduled Events
- Winter Prism Tech Rehearsal 2:45 pm – 4:00 pm
- Winter Prism Dress Rehearsal 1:30 pm – 3:30 pm
- Band Picture Previews (Begins @ 5:30 pm) Auditorium Lobby (will continue after concert)
- Prism Performance #1 7:00 pm (Call time 6:15 pm)
- Prism Performance #2 7:00 pm (Call time 6:15 pm)
- 11.28.16 Spirit Night @ Tijuana Flats! Benefitting our Washington DC Trip! 5-8 pm
- 12.10.16 Apopka Christmas Parade – Morning TBA (Manadatory for All Members)
- 12.14.16 Spirit Night @ Tijuana Flats! Benefitting our Washington DC Trip! 5-8 pm
Prism Rehearsal Schedule
- Tuesday 2:45-4 pm Tech Rehearsal (Schedule posted in Google Classroom)
- Wednesday 1:30-3:30 pm Dress Rehearsal
Both rehearsals are mandatory and in direct support of our two performances on Thursday and Friday.
Tickets for this week’s Prism concerts can be picked up from Mr. Langford before or after school and in between classes. Students should ensure that their name is clearly printed on the ticket to ensure proper credit is applied for the seller. Each ticket is $5 and included entry to the given night’s performance listed on the ticket. The tickets are color coded (blue or green) by night. Please reach out early in the week to get tickets to sell as needed. Tickets will be available at the door, however, we cannot guarantee that the credit will be applied to the correct seller due to the high traffic nature of people arriving for the concert. To ensure accuracy, please check your tickets out from Mr. Langford in advance.
- Payment #2 is Due on Wednesday, November 30th! Options include using SCHOOL PAY or sending in payment to Mr. Langford.
- DC Spirit Night is Monday, November 28th at Tijuana Flats from 5-8 pm! They will donate 20% of sales to our program’s upcoming trip to DC! There will also be a 50/50 raffle to support this event! (You do not have to be present to win!… But ya gotta buy a ticket!) Cme on out and support the band!
- There will be a second Spirit Night at Tijuana Flats on Wednesday, December 14th!
Visit http://www.schoolpay.com to add payments towards your child’s Fair Share or Trip needs. Click HERE to download the easy set-up guide for School Pay!
All concert uniforms will be distributed this week for our upcoming Prism event. Each member must get their pants hemmed prior to the event. If you need assistance with how to complete this process, we have people in place that can help guide you. The uniforms should have been paid for at this point. Those who have not yet paid need for bring in the $40 for the uniform.
Weekly Update – REMEMBER IT IS SPIRIT WEEK! DRESS UP! (During Afternoon Snack)
- Monday PAJAMA DAY!
- Tuesday TIE-DYE HIPPIE DAY!
- Wednesday WACKY WEDNESDAY!
- Thursday TWIN DAY!
- Friday CRAZY BLUE AND WHITE DAY!
- Premier Show 6:30 PM (Site TBA)
To ALL who have put in their time and talent towards a great Week 1. Our first week together has gone well and established a great foundation moving forward for our #LookUp2016 Season. To all of our students, parents, staff, alums, and friends of the program that have worked hard to make it a great start – WE SAY THANK YOU!
Week 2 Information
It is going to a great time together – and – productive towards completing our Pre-Game Show (Monday) as well as our first Movement of #LookUp (Tuesday – Thursday). Friday will be spent prepping our Premier Show performance on Friday evening. We will announce the site/location(s) for this performance once we know what our weather will bring our direction on Friday. (NO RAIN!) The performance plan will be outlined later this week.
Device Check Out (Laptop)
AHS is checking out student devices this week starting Monday, August 1st between 4 PM – 6 PM each day. (Isn’t it nice that it coincides with the end of camp each day?) The schedule is as follows:
- Monday, August 1st: Seniors 4 PM – 6 PM
- Tuesday, August 2nd: Juniors 4 PM – 6 PM
- Wednesday, August 3rd: Sophomores 4 PM – 6 PM
- Thursday, August 4th: Freshmen 4 PM – 6 PM
From the Apopka High School Website:
“To expedite the check-out process complete the digital consent forms at least 24 hours prior to your check-out date. The forms will be available beginning July 29th on parentaccess.ocps.net. If you complete the form online at least 24 hours prior to your assigned check-out date, then a parent/guardian is not required to accompany their student when checking out their device. If forms are not completed in advance, then a parent or guardian must accompany their student at the time of check-out in order to complete the forms.
For Digital Learning Information 2016-2017 Click HERE”
We encourage you to do this as soon as possible so your student can obtain their device this week after camp and complete this process. We hope to have our members bring them in on Friday to connect with our new program hubs, etc. (Google Classroom, CharmsOffice)
- 5 PM – 8 PM Full Percussion Rehearsal (Band Room)
- 4 PM – 5 PM Guard “Weapon” Sectional
- 5 PM – 8 PM Full Color Guard
- Visit www.apopkaguard.com for more details.
Safeway Grand Opening In Altamonte!
Thank you to our Leadership Members who were able to attend the grand opening ceremonies for the new Safeway in Altamonte! You were great representatives of APK and we are most appreciative for their donation to our program! IE, GYB!
Thank you Safeway!
Band Camp Info & 16-17 Program Calendar Information
- Click HERE to download the Summer Band Information sheet
- Click HERE to download the 16-17 Program Calendar (version 6.16.16)
We have a VERY EXCITING Trip Announcement coming next week! Check back for Spring 2017 Washington, DC Trip Information!
Kick Off Wrap Up
Thank you to all who had a hand in a fantastic Kick Off party and Summer Rehearsal for the 16-17 Blue Darter Marching Band! We are looking forward to an incredible year ahead with #LookUp2016!
2016-17 Blue Darter Band…”Smile!”!
WLMS 8th Grade Walk Out
Thank you to all of our members that participated in the annual 8th Grade Walkout at WLMS! You provided an awesome backdrop for the graduating students as they departed WLMS for the last time and were “AHS Bound”!
A Darter’s Greeting…
Making An Entrance!
– Summer Is Here!
Enjoy the break! Enjoy the family! Enjoy the fun! Be safe, responsible, and helpful in all that you do and most of all, IEGYB!
Kick Off meeting is at 2 PM in the AUDITORIUM! Camp starts MONDAY MORNING @ 8 AM!
Update Band Camp Forms for Sunday: