Click HERE to check out This Week’s Videocast!
Coming soon we will have an iTunes Podcast Channel for you to receive an immediate download when the update is posted. Click above and join us in this new Apopka Bands experience!
This Week (Be sure to scroll to the END of the post to get all of the pertinent info!)
- Links to remember!
- OCPS First Day!
- See FIRST DAY reminders below…
- BDMB Evening Rehearsal 6 PM – 8:30 PM
- Marching Percussion Rehearsal 7th Period – Ends 3:00 PM
- 168 Assignment Beings (Parents – ask you kids on Monday afternoon about their 168!)
- BDMB After School Rehearsal 2:30 PM – 5 PM
- Morning Pep Rally!
- Mandatory Full Leadership Meeting
- 2:10 PM – 2:45 PM (15 Minutes after school has released)
- Football vs. Mainland (See schedule via Google Calendar event)
- Courtyard Call Time 6:15 PM (Doors Open at 5:30 PM)
- Countdown of events is listed on Google Calendar Event
- Uniform for evening is listed on Google Calendar Event
- Other pertinent details are listed on Google Calendar Event
- Visit the Google Calendar page for call times/detailed travel info for each event.
- The Fall 2017 Tour Calendar AND the refrigerator Fall/Spring calendar are also located on this page!
- 8.21 Village (Boosters!) Meeting #1 6:30 PM/Band Room
- 8.25 FB @ Ocoee HS
- 9.1 FB vs. Miami Norland
- 9.8 FB @ Lakeland HS
- 9.9 Band Day Trip to UF/FSU (Early morning departure!!!)
- 9.15 FB @ Dr. Phillips HS – Performance with University of Miami Band!
- 9.16 FBA All State Auditions @ Ocoee HS
- 9.22 HOMECOMING & ALUMNI BAND
- 9.29 FB @ Evans HS
First Day Thoughts & Reminders!
- Arrival… If you are not dropped off by 6:30 AM please expect delays. Arriving EARLY is not only a good habit to have, but will also serve you well in coming to Apopka High! The traffic patterns will be incredibly busy during the first few weeks and you will want to avoid the hassle of being stuck! Parent drop off is located at Gate C. (Not the band room drop off point.)
- The Band Room will open at 7:05 AM this year, 15 minutes before the tardy bell. (Exception – Friday Morning Pep Rallies)
- Leadership members and program members will begin setting up the room for the day and all members may come in to store their instrument for the day.
- Students in 1st period should begin warming up and all other members should begin moving towards their 1st period to ensure they are on time and prepared for that course’s lesson for the day.
- School ID – your school id will be used for a TON of things this year. Please ensure you have it with you at all times. Keep it close and accessible!
- Bring your necessary gear and supplies… however… you will NOT need your instrument until DAY 2! 🙂
Updates Coming During The First Week!
- What does a NORMAL week of school/band look like for us?
- Alumni Band!
- Boosters 101!
- Handbook, Updates!
- New things for the program in 17-18!
- After School Jazz Ensemble
- We will have a sign up for those interested in this ensemble. We have many students who would like to take our 4th period jazz ensemble but are unable to schedule it. This course, which will receive credit as an 8th period, will meet weekly to offer the jazz experience and open up the opportunity to perform in this idiom throughout the year.
- 4th Period Jazz/Freshmen Members
- If you are a freshmen member and wish to join our 4th period jazz course, please see Mr. Langford or Mr. Ellis this week so we can work with your counselor to have your schedule adjusted.