Click HERE to check out This Week’s Videocast!
Coming soon we will have an iTunes Podcast Channel for you to receive an immediate download when the update is posted. Click above and join us in this new Apopka Bands experience!
This Week (Be sure to scroll to the END of the post to get all of the pertinent info!)
- Links to remember!
- OCPS First Day!
- See FIRST DAY reminders below…
- BDMB Evening Rehearsal 6 PM – 8:30 PM
- Marching Percussion Rehearsal 7th Period – Ends 3:00 PM
- 168 Assignment Beings (Parents – ask you kids on Monday afternoon about their 168!)
- BDMB After School Rehearsal 2:30 PM – 5 PM
- Morning Pep Rally!
- Mandatory Full Leadership Meeting
- 2:10 PM – 2:45 PM (15 Minutes after school has released)
- Football vs. Mainland (See schedule via Google Calendar event)
- Courtyard Call Time 6:15 PM (Doors Open at 5:30 PM)
- Countdown of events is listed on Google Calendar Event
- Uniform for evening is listed on Google Calendar Event
- Other pertinent details are listed on Google Calendar Event
- Visit the Google Calendar page for call times/detailed travel info for each event.
- The Fall 2017 Tour Calendar AND the refrigerator Fall/Spring calendar are also located on this page!
- 8.21 Village (Boosters!) Meeting #1 6:30 PM/Band Room
- 8.25 FB @ Ocoee HS
- 9.1 FB vs. Miami Norland
- 9.8 FB @ Lakeland HS
- 9.9 Band Day Trip to UF/FSU (Early morning departure!!!)
- 9.15 FB @ Dr. Phillips HS – Performance with University of Miami Band!
- 9.16 FBA All State Auditions @ Ocoee HS
- 9.22 HOMECOMING & ALUMNI BAND
- 9.29 FB @ Evans HS
First Day Thoughts & Reminders!
- Arrival… If you are not dropped off by 6:30 AM please expect delays. Arriving EARLY is not only a good habit to have, but will also serve you well in coming to Apopka High! The traffic patterns will be incredibly busy during the first few weeks and you will want to avoid the hassle of being stuck! Parent drop off is located at Gate C. (Not the band room drop off point.)
- The Band Room will open at 7:05 AM this year, 15 minutes before the tardy bell. (Exception – Friday Morning Pep Rallies)
- Leadership members and program members will begin setting up the room for the day and all members may come in to store their instrument for the day.
- Students in 1st period should begin warming up and all other members should begin moving towards their 1st period to ensure they are on time and prepared for that course’s lesson for the day.
- School ID – your school id will be used for a TON of things this year. Please ensure you have it with you at all times. Keep it close and accessible!
- Bring your necessary gear and supplies… however… you will NOT need your instrument until DAY 2! 🙂
Updates Coming During The First Week!
- What does a NORMAL week of school/band look like for us?
- Alumni Band!
- Boosters 101!
- Handbook, Updates!
- New things for the program in 17-18!
- After School Jazz Ensemble
- We will have a sign up for those interested in this ensemble. We have many students who would like to take our 4th period jazz ensemble but are unable to schedule it. This course, which will receive credit as an 8th period, will meet weekly to offer the jazz experience and open up the opportunity to perform in this idiom throughout the year.
- 4th Period Jazz/Freshmen Members
- If you are a freshmen member and wish to join our 4th period jazz course, please see Mr. Langford or Mr. Ellis this week so we can work with your counselor to have your schedule adjusted.
Please click on 17-18 New Member Orientation to view our PowerPoint from our June 1st Meeting!
THANK YOU to all who attended!
Fall 2017 Blue Darter Marching Band Show Design!
Apopka High School Marching Band Show Preview 2017
Featuring America The Beautiful, When Johnny Comes Marching Home, and Battle Hymn Of The Republic!
Coming soon to a football field near you!
- JV Winterguard 3:30-5:30
- JV Parent Meeting: 5:30
- Varsity Winterguard 5:00-8:30
- Varsity Parent Meeting: 8:00
- Dress Rehearsal: 1:30-4:00
- Report time: 5:45pm
- Recital Starts: 7:00pm
- Jazz Ensemble & Solo/Small Group Performances should arrive at 6:30 PM. Dress is Concert Black.
- JV Winterguard 3:30-5:30
- Varsity Winterguard 5:00-8:30
- Wolf Lake Middle Beginning Band & Strings Concert (@ WLMS) 6:30 PM
- Any folks who would like to assist the WLMS Band should wear a Band T-shirt to the performance. See Mr. L for more details.
- Friday TAKE YOUR INSTRUMENT HOME FOR THE PARADE ON SATURDAY!
- Nothing Scheduled
- Lyman High Dance Show – 7:00 PM
- Apopka Christmas Parade – (Morning) Meet Time/Location TBA
- MANDATORY PERFORMANCE for each member.
- Uniforms and large instruments will be brought to the starting point by truck. Members will need to take all necessary performance that does not normally travel on the truck on Friday after school.
- You MAY decorate your instrument for the parade. Here are the guidelines:
- The decorations must be Christmas related.
- The decorations CANNOT impede the performance of your instrument.
- The decorations CANNOT impede your ability to march.
- The decorations CANNOT cover up your uniform.
- You CAN wear a SANTA hat for this event.
- Lighting is permitted – but – the parade is in the daylight. 😦
- December 16th-17th: WLMS Paws Concert (AHS Assistance)
- December 18th: PEP BAND – AHS Basketball vs. Wekiva Call TIme TBA
Weekly Wrap Up
Thank you to all of our parent and student volunteers that assisted with the AMMS Winter Concert on Thursday evening. It was a tremendous help to Ms. Brown and the program.
Congratulations to the Jazz Ensemble and our Chorus for an awesome day of recording at WKMG studios! The performances will air on Christmas Day!
Congratulations to our Winterguard on a great performance at the Amway Center this week!
Winter Arts Recital
Tumblers & Magnets Still On Sale!
- Monday: Leadership/Percussion/Guard ONLY – 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Tuesday: FULL BAND – 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Wednesday: FULL BAND – 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Thursday: FULL BAND – 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Thursday: MANDATORY PARENT MEETING – 7:00 PM (See below to download forms to fill out BEFORE meeting – save some time!)
Band Camp Is Here!
The Blue Darter Marching Band is ready to kick-off a great season! Be sure you are physically prepared for camp by hydrating and getting plenty of rest! View the BAND CAMP HANDOUT on the page below to ensure you are prepared for all elements of camp.
- Click HERE to view the Band Camp page.
- Click HERE to view the schedule for Week 1.
2014-2015 Season Kick-Off Student/Parent Meeting
Join us THURSDAY, July 31st at 7:00 PM for our Kick-Off meeting! In this session we will cover many things about our program as well as collect necessary forms for members. Check back this week to download these forms and have them PRE-FILLED OUT to save time on Thursday evening. Blank forms WILL BE AVAILABLE at the session for those unable to print.
Click below to download the forms!
Click HERE to visit our Communications page and sign up for Remind101, our new text-messaging service for rehearsal, performance and schedule updates. Update will begin coming this week.
Welcome to the NEW online home of the Apopka Bands!
Our new web home will work in tandem with the Charms Office program to ensure our members and parents are up-to-date with everything they need. Take time to peruse the site and familiarize yourself with the various components for future use. There will be more additions made in the years ahead and your feedback is most welcomed to better enhance the user experience for our site.
It is recommended that you “register” with the site to receive email communication when the site is updated. Bookmark the address and visit often to ensure you know what it going on within the program. Throughout the year, there will be weekly updates, typically on the weekend, for the week ahead and all of the rehearsal items, schedule, etc. for our program.
For your immediate perusal, you can check out the following pages:
- Charms: Direct link to Student/Parent log in portal
- Resources: Many resources for enhancing your musical experience
- Media: Sheet music and recordings for the APK Marching Band
- Calendar: Link to download “Printable Version” and link to enter “Charms” for online version
- Communications: Ways to send/receive communications; Remind101 Sign Up info, FaceBook
- Band Camp: 2014 Band Camp Info Flyer and MORE about our upcoming camp!