- 2:30 PM – 3:30 PM Wind Symphony & Percussion
- 2:30 PM – 3:15 PM Symphonic Band & Percussion
- 4 PM – 4:45 PM WLMS S&E Mentoring Sessions
- 6:30 PM Band Parent Meeting
- No Scheduled Events (Concert Band rehearsals begin NEXT Wednesday!)
- No Scheduled Events
- 8 AM – 12 PM JE1 @ Epcot International Festival Of The Arts
- 10 AM – 12 PM Concert Band & Percussion Music Boot Camp!
- Monday (MLK Day)
- 8 AM – 12 PM JE3 @ Epcot International Festival Of The Arts
- 1 PM MLK Parade Call Time (Volunteer Group – Members Will Be Determined This Week)
- 6 PM – 8:30 PM Wind Symphony Sectional Master Classes
NO DARTER SOUND EVENTS THIS WEEK!
We need YOU! Come and join Mr. Langford to help our S&E students at WLMS on the next five Tuesday’s from 4 PM – 4:45 PM! Sign ups in classes TOMORROW! Come join me for this awesome journey!
CONGRATULATIONS MATT MURPHY ON A GREAT ALL STATE EXPERIENCE!
FMEA All State Conference 2020
Congratulations to Matt for your performance in the 2020 All State Symphonic Band! You represented Apopka at the highest level! Continue to strive for the highest in all you do!
Mark Your Calendars! Looking Ahead!
January 8th – 11th: Florida All State Convention (@ Tampa, FL)
- January 14th/21st/28th/4th/11th: WLMS Solo & Ensemble Mentoring Sessions
- Each session is from 4 PM – 4:45 PM (Volunteer Hours)
- January 14th: Band Parent Meeting 6:30 PM Band Room
- January 18th: Concert Band (4th Period & Perc) Boot Camp 10 AM – 12 PM
- January 20th: MLK Parade (1 PM Call Time)
- Volunteer Band Opportunity – Details TBA
- January 20th: Wind Symphony Sectional Masterclasses 6 PM – 8:30 PM
- January 21st, 23rd-25th: All County Band (@ Winter Park HS)
- Music Details TBA
- TBA: JE1/JE2/JE3 Disney Festival of the Arts Performance Dates (Mornings 8 AM – 12 PM/2 Sets per Show Date)
- Just Released! JE3 Dates: January 20th, February 13th
- Just Released! JE2 Dates: January 23rd, January 30th
- Just Released! JE1 Dates: January 17th, January 27th, February 18th
- February 1st: JE1/JE2/JE3 @ Hapco Jazz Festival (Possible Date)
- Info TBA
- February 6th: Jazz MPA @ University HS
- February 7th – 8th: S&E MPA. @ University HS
- February 11th: Valentines Jazz Dinner-Dance @ Apopka VFW featuring JE1/JE2/JE3 (Times TBA) New Event/Fundraiser!
- February 21st: JE1 Opening Act @ Orlando International Jazz Festival (@ Apopka Amphitheater)
- February 27th – 29th: Concert MPA (@ Cypress Creek HS)
- March 10th, 26th – 28th: All County Jazz (@ West Orange HS)
- March 15th: Essentially Ellington – JE1 Performance (@ Dr. Phillips Center)
- March 16th – 22nd: Spring Break
- March 19th – 21st: State S&E/Jazz MPA (@ Freedom HS)
- March/April TBA (After Spring Break) Wind Symphony, JE1 Recording Session
- April 17th: Jazz Festival Performance
- April 18th: Lakeside Jazz Festival Performance
- April 27th – 29th: State Concert MPA (@ Phillips Center, Gainesville, FL)
- April 30th/May 1st: Spring Prism Performances
Darter Sound Schedule
- Contact Mr. Smith (DS Director) via Remind or Cody.Smith@ocps.net if you have any questions.
January 8th Boys vs. Edgewater 6:30 PM Call Time January 9th Girls vs. Windermere 6:30 PM Call Time January 10th Boys vs. Dr. Phillips 6:30 PM Call Time
- January 21st Boys vs. Ocoee 6:30 PM Call Time
- January 23rd Girls vs. Oak Ridge 6:30 PM Call Time
- January 28th Boys vs. Evans 6:30 PM Call Time
- January 31st Girls vs. Eustis 6 PM Call Time/Senior Night
- February 7th Boys vs. Windermere 6 PM Call Time/Senior Night
- February 10th – 14th Boys District Playoffs/TBA
Leave Your Mark On Our Project & Help Us Meet Our Financial Goal! Click on SchoolPay To Make Your Contribution Today!